> I'm also pretty new to Linux and (so far) have found urpmi to work very
> nicely.
> It will go to whatever source that has the RPM you want and install it
> along with dependencies (usually).
> If you're using mdk 9.1 you can go to
> http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php
> to learn how to set up your sources and begin using urpmi.

I went to the page referenced above and followed all the directions and
everything seemed to work perfectly.  Then I went to the Mandrake Control
Center Update utility, selected everything I could, and it's currently
downloading the packages.  So, from now on all I have to do is visit that
Update utility periodically to keep Mandrake updated?  Can the same thing be
set up for individual applications?  What about automatic update checking so
I don't have to visit the utility?

- Grant