On Wednesday 23 July 2003 06:43 pm, crak600 wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 July 2003 10:15 am, Curt Tresenriter wrote:
> > I'm also pretty new to Linux and (so far) have found urpmi
> > to work very nicely.
> > It will go to whatever source that has the RPM you want and
> > install it along with dependencies (usually).
> > If you're using mdk 9.1 you can go to
> > http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php
> > to learn how to set up your sources and begin using urpmi.
>
> ok, question.  i went to the site listed above last night and
> thought i did all the updates.  today i went into mandrake
> control center > software management > mandrake update and
> then let it check for updates.  it came back with a list of
> updates.  does this mean that my updates were not done?  maybe
> i missed a command when running through a terminal to do this,
> i'm not sure. any info on this greatly appreciated.  thank
> you.
>
> Mike

A possible explanation : you may have two different mirrors for
updates. Not all mirrors are *up-to-date* immidiately, which you
can verify by going to - for example - :
http://www.mandrakesecure.net/en/ftp.php
and notice the dates in the right column.

Was the list long ? - In that case something must be wrong. If is
was short, say 5-10 updates, I think the above explanation is
right.

Kaj Haulrich.