Hello,

        My Creative Audigy soundcard has an IEEE 1394 connection, and something about
it is detected when I boot [ML9.1].  www.linux1394.org (as well as Xconfig)
tell me that the IEEE 1394 module is "experimental," and the list of device
drivers seems far from exhaustive (although this may just be my ignorance).

        I was thinking of getting a DVD/CD reader/(re)writer [the "La Cie DVD
MultiDrive (300568) DVD-RAM/DVD-RW Burner" caught my eye].  What is the
common wisdom about current compatability?  would it be better to wait until
a new realease/kernel (at which point these things might be cheaper)?

With an advance of thanks,
        Jim