hi Larry,
        It seems that the camera is supported by gphoto2. If you did a multimedia
install, it should be under <Multimedia> <Graphics>. Run the program and it
should be fairly intuitive setting up the cam. The website is...
http://www.gphoto.org
Once the pics are retrieved you can manipulate them with a number of
progs...all undet <Multimedia> <Graphics>
My fave is the GIMP. It is a very powerful graphics editor ala Photoshop.

Good luck,
Bill W.