this is a long history that I will try to make shorter, but please don't piss me off. Linux is though enough for a brand new linux user like me.

Following someone suggestions from de list I added a cron.daily file urpmi.cron, with the content that follows:

#!/bin/sh
urpmi.update -a
urpmi --auto-select --auto --no-verify-rpms

I thought I was really smart having this feature in my box when someone in the list wasn't sure that updating from "cooker" was a good idea. Literally to me cooker was a cooking pot, so I didn't even realize what I was going into. OK, after that I was still having the PGP signature problems and I used another tip from this list (Subject: Bad signatures) and I follow that reference:
http://www.pclinuxonline.com/gpgkey.html

The problem is that I'm still having troubles with bad signatures. My questions, I guess, are:
1) Is it safe to do that urpmi.cron in a box for real work, not for testing? Am I really using cooker in that file?
2) Could anybody give me 2 lines info about cooker and how to stay away from it when updating packages?
3) Are you sure this list is for brand new linux newbiers? I read almost all messages and I feel I'm getting so much partial info that I can see the big picture.

Any advice will be apreciated.
Rosario