On Monday 28 July 2003 11:12 am, fifner the dragon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have my mandrake 9.1 setup to automaticly log "user" in at startup.
>
> When I logout "user" I get a small box giving me three alternatives: halt,
> reboot and a "user" icon.
>
> I might be blind or stupid or both, but I cannot find a way to log in as
> root.
>
> How do I login as root?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Fifner
Fifner, where ya been, long time since we've seen the name on the list.
Anyway, if you absolutely have to log in as root, and you know that's bad,
open up the KDE control center and select  System>loginmanager>users and you
should see that root has a check in the box for hidden user. So click on the
admin mode box below and give it your root passwd and uncheck the box. Next
time login will show root user. HTH ( hope your using KDE otherwise I haven't
figured out the cli way of doing this.)
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842