On Monday 28 July 2003 01:37 pm, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:03:48 -0500
>
> Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > It started the run and
> > indicated that the package was not compiled for my kernel, did I want
> > the installer to compile Nvidia for my kernel?  I chose OK and so it
> > did. Rebooted when done and my xserver was back on line
>
> After installation of the nvidia run
> verify your XF86Config-4 is correct
> # modprobe nvidia
> use Xtart or # init 5 to launch X
> no need to reboot.
>

>     Charles
Right, I forgot that, naturally the easy way.  I checked the XF86Config-4
before running  and it was right, so only thing I could think of was that the
NVIDIA-Linux file was not seen in the new kernel.  I should of thought of
using Civileme's Xtart after the compile, since I had installed it, but still
have the reboot junk stuck in my head even after 4+ years of linux. Hard
habit to break?
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842