On Tue, 2003-07-29 at 10:57, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
On Tuesday 29 July 2003 08:59 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> This is a little off topic but I know some on the list own Epson
> printers and can help with a problem I'm having with my C62:
>
> The problem is that regardless of the font or layout on the screen, the
> printer seems to use its own font, larger than I use, and is still
> printing while the page is being ejected from the printer.  The result
> is a double and triple printing of lines at the end of the page.
>
> I should mention that this happens regardless of the OS, Linux or WinXp,
> laptop or desktop, OpenOffice or Word.
>
> Has anyone else run into this problem?
>
> Rich

Hey Rich. I've got an Epson C62 here and it works great. I've never used it
under Windows but its never had the problem you describe above under Mandrake
here...

Only problem I've ever had with it was when I used one of those cheap, generic
"Amazon" refill cartridges. It growled, clacked, and carried on something
awful. (wouldn't work either!). <grin>

I had a little problem getting a "cheap" refill to work, but it finally did.  It behaves the same no matter which cart I use.

I called Epson and they said put a "true" Epson replacement cartridge back in
it and watch it take off. They were right. They also filled me in on
something that I did not know - if you use a non-Epson cartridge, it voids
the warranty. (that sounds like BS, but thats what they said).

Anyways, I'm running mine via USB, never tried the printer port. Which way are
you running it and can you switch just to see if it makes a diff?

Printer port on the table top machine and USB on the laptop - same results.

Rich