On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 05:03, Dennis Myers wrote:
> http://www.nipc.gov/warnings/advisories/2003/Potential7302003.htm
> The above is a Govt. warning on Internet attacks on Windows systems.  I don't
> know a great deal about that kind of attack, so if I have the windows machine
> behind a router and a linux firewall will this afford some protection against
> a remote procedure call attack? Stephen or any of y'all that do Sysadmin?

You'd want to have the machine not just behind your router and firewall,
but behind the system's proxy as well = so that it's internal IP is
translated to an outside IP address - hence masked.

Or rather, the best bet would be to yank the little blue cable coming
out of the back of it for the greatest amount of protection...

(g)
--
Fri Aug  1 09:15:00 EST 2003
 09:15:00 up 16:17,  1 user,  load average: 2.73, 2.27, 1.58

I put instant coffee in a microwave and almost went back in time.
                -- Steven Wright