Is what you've been doing only possible with the 2450?  I can't get the slide
scanner to activate with the 1260--all I get is one flash and that's it.  The
function doesn't recognize that I have a transparency loaded instead of a 2
dimensional print, so no joy.  The Windows software recognizes the slide
immediately, and activates the slide scanning function.