On Tuesday 05 Aug 2003 11:42 pm, Thomas Rudolfsson wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Derek Jennings wrote:
> > On Tuesday 05 Aug 2003 10:00 pm, Thomas Rudolfsson wrote:
> > > My internet provider has changed to DHCP unfortunatley.
> > > When I want to switch to my windowscomputer(for games) I have to wait
> > > maybe 2 ours before I can get the connection to work.
> > >

> > > From windows I can release it with "ipconfig /release"
> > >
> > > How do I do it from linux?
> >
> > man dhcpcd
> > will tell you that dhcpcd -k eth0  will release your lease.
> >
> > derek
>
> I don't have a program with that name
> \Thomas

If you are using dhcp, then you must be running a DHCP client.

If you do not have dhcpcd then you could be running dhclient or pump.
(See 'man dhclient' or 'man pump' for their configuration commands)

You can change the dhcp client you use by opening
MandrakeControlCentre>Networking
Select 'Expert Mode'. Select 'Configure Local Area Network and type the name
of the dhcp client you want to use in the box.
Make sure the client you want to use is installed first.
E.g. 'urpmi dhcpcd' to install the dhcpcd client

derek
--
www.jennings.homelinux.net