Me newbie. Archives don't seem to be available, so pardon me if this is all old
territory.

Installed ML 9.1. Machine is HP A220n. Carries an Nvidia NForce chipset which
slices, dices, and washes your car when you're driving it home to work. In addition
to sound and video, it also does ethernet. I know the hardware works because there
are several installations of Redmond virusware running on the same box.

Obtained drivers in an rpm from Nvidia web site: NVIDIA_nforce-1.0-
0248.mdk90up_2.4.19_16.athlon.rpm and installed. Run drakeconf to set up
hardware and network. When asked to look for ethernet devices it sees the Nvidia
hardware and attempts to install the drivers but apparently fails. The program
simply returns to the screen asking what type of network devices to look for.

The modules.conf file contains the line

alias eth0 nvnet

which the readme.txt says it should have.

When I attempt to reinstall the drivers with the rpm a window tells me "Everything is
already installed OK".

Would appreciate any suggestions here.

TIA,

Keith Pedersen