On Friday 15 August 2003 04:37 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

> So I just installed wine and downloaded the *Derive* program.
> This seems to be a file called *setup.exe*. Then, I typed *wine
> setup.exe* and everything seemed OK until it ask me for a
> *folder* for installation. The screen suggest strange *folders*
> like *c:\programs* etc.. (???) - I don't have such *folders*, so
> I typed : /usr/share/derive (having created that *folder* of
> course. But the program doesn't seem able to find any *folders*
> on my system, no matter what I type.
>
> The man pages for wine do not mention this problem, but I'm
> confident some of you can help me out on this - probably very
> trivial - hiccup.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

When I install games under WineX (game specific version of Wine from
Transgaming) and it asks for where, I just accept the defaults (ok) and it
installs it in its correct places. In WineXs' case, thats:

.transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/<name of game>

You might try that just accepting whatever defaults it offers.

There is also vmware...

--

                                                          /\
                                                Dark><Lord