HaywireMac wrote:
On 14 Aug 2003 21:30:35 -0600
Heather/Femme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:

Its not the impregnable fortress

That wasn't really the nature of the argument. The fact is it is
*trivial* to break Windows, it will *never* be trivial to break *nix, as
long as the Open Source model is preserved.

There *is* a fundamental difference, as has been pointed out above quite
eloquently by more technically advanced peeps than I. *nix is built
from the ground up to be secure, and always will be. Windows is built
from the ground up to be...well, I am not really sure.

I always heard they named it Windows because it was transparent, easily opened, and easily broken!

Margot