I'm helping a friend build her family history website, and we have a small problem.

She has chosen the colours she wants for her pages - cream background, black text, headings in various browns and greens - but all the links keep coming out bright blue! It looks terrible!

I've discovered that I can change the viewing preferences in browsers to make the links the right colours, but we can't expect people all over the world to adjust their browser settings just to see her site the way it is intended to be.

I've tried fiddling around in Mozilla Composer and in Bluefish, but I can't get the links to look right. How can I cure this?

Margot