On August 17, 2003 06:45 pm, Anarky wrote:

>  SNIP!
>
> >this is 'open source' Mandrakes tools can know about other tools and
> >vice versa. heck, this stuff works TOGETHER. what a concept,,,
>
> and where would I get this 'drakwizard' ? what's it's package name?

You got it when you installed Mandrake..it's already there.  The wizards are
part of the Mandrake Control Centre.  For servers urpmi "drakwizard" and it
will automatically install

> ummm .. how exactly .. the 'connection' options in my Firebird are many.
> I assume I check 'manual proxy cofiguration' and then write 'localhost'
> for htttp proxy configuration and 3128 as the port near it? how do I do
> about the rest (ftp proxy config , ssl ...) ? do I leave them empty? and
> do I leave the default "noproxy for: localhost, 127.0.0.1"  or do I
> insert something near 'automatic proxy configuration url'? I've had a
> rough time configuring my network right ... and I still am pretty
> clueless as to things like: is 'localhost' some kind of magic name that
> always works .. or does it depend on the name I put for my computer name
> ... or soething like that? Could u please point me ot some mandrake
> network configuration doc so that I can finally understand the stuff the
> mandrake network wizard (there was always this spot where I didn't know
> what to write and wrote the name I have given my computer ... bit I'm
> confused, as somebody I think told me I should set it to localhost ...
> or something

localhost is the default name of your machine.  And the trick applies, in this
case to an HTTP proxy only.  Do leave no proxy fro 127.0.0.1 cause it's your
loopback.   You can use the name you specified and it will resolve to
localhost because they're the same thing. :)

ttfn

John