On Wednesday 20 Aug 2003 2:21 am, Dennis Myers wrote:
> Wow, I have been getting email with the blaster worm attached by the bucket
> full. All addressed to the business email address or saying that my send
> failed to soandso because the attached file has a worm. And the so called
> contaminated file is attached. Funny though I use kmail with firewalls one
> on the machine and one on the router and none of the addresses that I
> supposedly sent the worm to are in or ever have been in my address book.  A
> ruse or will kmail or linux somehow transmit  a worm to an unknown email
> address? Any one have an idea what is going on and or seen this type of
> email before? I can find no indication that I have the blaster worm. And if
> I did why would it work? Time for a disk wipe? TIA for any advice.

When ths happens it often means that someone with your e-mail address in their
address book is infected. The virus on their system mails people spoofing it
as coming from you. Check the headers of the attached mails to see if you can
find out who is actually infected and e-mail them or e-mail their ISP.