I am using an IBM optical scroll mouse with Mandrake 9.1 with no problems at all.
Mandrake setup detected and congfiured it automatically.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried.

 --- On Wed 08/20, John Richard Smith < [EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
From: John Richard Smith [mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:57:34 +0000
Subject: Re: [newbie] GE Wireless Optical Mouse H097990

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:<br><br>>Does anyone know if there are any linux drivers for
this wireless optical mouse?  The mandrake site does not show GE as a manufacturer,
much less the mouse.  Is there some other support for it?  If not, has anyone tried
Microsoft's wireless optical mouse with Mandrake 9.1?  If so, does it work?  How did
you get it to do so?  I wanted to avoid buying anything MS, but if that's all that
will work, then that's what I'll go with.<br>><br>>Thanks in
scrollwheel optical <br>mouse working just fine as either a PS/2 or usb mouse using
to http://www.mandrakestore.com<br>

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.