> Go to http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/index.php to configure
> Texstar as a urpmi source (you'll see it down the page). Then
> "urpmi kde" and let the sparks fly.

Hmm. If texstar went and did kde3.1.3 for 9.1 that is just great. It is
of course in 9.2 cooker (with a few little problems) but upgrading is
not quite that easy - urpmi kde gives more choices than just the logical
ones you might consider 'part of' kde.

It is getting better. Upgrading used to be somewhat difficult from time
to time - if you remember to upgrade in stages, start from the lower
level components and work out to the other components (i.e., upgrade qt
& qt-devel first, then libarts & libarts-devel, then kdelibs &
kdelibs-devel). Hint: pair up the main and devel packages and install
them both at once. Install all relevant packages at once to avoid
unresolved dependencies.

Adding Texstar as a source and 'urpmi --media texstar kde' works too, of
course :). (The one modification I'd make, since things might get
confused & the --media tells the system to only look at a specific
medium.)

Things are more complicated in Cooker, unfortunately. One thing I don't
see the point is that there are several different numbered versions of
components (like kdelibs4... and libwhatever1....) this gets a bit
confusing...