Hi,

I've just downloaded the mandrake 9.1 ISO's, and I now want to install onto
a compaq armarda laptop. I'm having problems because I can't boot from cd's,
and the cd drive is interchangeable with the floppy drive. If I try to boot
from the floppy, then switch drives, the cd drive isn't recognised.

I don't really want to copy the iso's to my hard drive and install from
there as i want to get rid of windows completely on the laptop.

I read somewhere that there was a way to make my hard disk bootable, then
browse to the cd and install from there, but I couldn't find any clear
instructions on how to do this - can anyone tell me how this is done?

Otherwise, I can try installing over the network? Is it possible for me to
put the install cd in another machine in my house (all running win XP, with
static ip's) and install it over the network? I tried this just now, but
couldn't work out how to do it - does anyone know if this is a possibility?

tia,
Claire