Hi all. I would need some advice on the following questions:

(1).  Do rpms/binaries for RED HAT  run  OK under Mandrake 6.1 ?; or
do they have to be recompiled ?;

(2).  I have not been  able  to  configure the soundcard through the
KDE control panel.  How do I go about to get the sound working ?; It
is a 16 bit soundblaster;

(3).   A  dumb  question  but does Mandrake erase an app from the HD
when it is deinstalled ?;

(4) How do I get the  screen  to  fit  the 17'' of the monitor (dont
like the huge area of the virtual desktop);

(5) How do I get linux to "remember" the screen resolution  I  want.
Linux starts in 640 and and want it in 1024;

(6)  Is there any driver and backup software for the Qic 80 Colorado
Jumbo 350 ?;

Thank you all.

    APS