Well I sorted it out today, by doing the most simple thing. I reinstalled the drivers and it worked. When I was looking at the error message I noticed another error mentioning a kernal error, so I thought let me re-install the drivers first to see if that will do the job and it did. Thanks anyway for your help.

ciao...

Gareth Qually

Julien Sobrier wrote:

Gareth Qually wrote:

I have just install the Nvidia drivers, whcih I had working on my system before I reformatted the hard drive and got a new MB (a MSI). I now get a 'Fatal Server: No screens found error'. I also noticed further up the page it mentions, that it found screens but did not find any suitable settings. Can anyone help? Does this mean I must define a monitor for it to work off of?

Thanks

Hello
I am a newby but I worked a lot around the NVidia drivers a fex days ago to fix my problen.
Can you send the whole error message from XFree? Send also the result of rpm -qa|grep kernel.

Julien

-- Ciao....

Gareth Qually

www.slowlymakingsmoke.com