Michael Lothian wrote:

If you were wanting to play arround with kernels try the tmb ones

what's 'tmb'

Just update your kernel-utils and possibelyou init scrips from the cooker rpms (from memory that is - on my win doze box atm)

could you please give me more detailed instructions or point me to somewhere where I could find them?

Then get the latest tmb kernel from http://www.netikka.net/tmb/Cooker/ or it may even be on the contribs part of cooker under a slightly different name.

Type in lilo (as root) so it updates your lilo stuff so at boot up you can select you new kernel.

I've tried both the 2.6 kernel and the tmb kernel. The 2.6 one hardly works with any hardware atm as none of the modules are there yet. The tmb kernel rocks though. It has DVB support, bluetooth support, decent supermount support and lots more.

I like this kernel

Mike ;-)

what I'm looking for is that dreamy kernel feature which I hear will have that magic property of making Linux react faster (more like Windows, in giving higher priority to starting programs & running user programs)
greets,