On Tuesday 26 August 2003 12:15 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:

>>> yada, yada, yada

> She want me to install Linux
> alongside this crap as a dual boot system, but I'm afraid it
> won't survive repartitioning etc.... And I don't want to spend
> more dough on the box like buying Partition Magic and whatnot to
> make it look like a real PC. Now at least she can use Open
> Office for writing, and Mozilla for browsing and mail.
>
> Good heavens, what an experience (hence the XP brand ?)....
>
> Kaj Haulrich.

Kaj:
Tsk, tsk. What kind of a father would send his daughter off to college
deprived of Linux? Set up the dual boot for the child. The easiest way is to
stick another HD in the box dedicated to Mandrake. (No repartitioning
necessary). If that is not practical, then go the repartitioning route. I
understand that a freeware/shareware partition manipulator called Ranish
Partition Manager (www.ranish.com/) works quite well. Come to think of it,
I've never heard of any problems with Mandrake's repartitioning tool
(DiskDrake?) either.

Ooops, you didn't mention an anti-virus program. Or is that included in the
Norton package?

-- cmg (who is grateful that his offspring finished college when CP/M was
still in flower)