On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 08:33, Anarky wrote:
>     I'm asking this for a friend:
> she installed Mandrake 9.1, and dial-up worked ... well .. pretty much
> (I was suprsied because I have never seen a dialup modem working with
> linux) ... thing is: it connects to the isp ... but any website one
> tries to browse to ... it says 'could not reach host' .. or something
> like htat .. so it actually connects, uses the password ... logs in ...
> but then everythign is like if it were offline. Ideas please?

In MCC (Mandrake Control Center) >  Network & Internet > DrakConnect run the
wizard and tell it to use the modem as the internet connection.

Alternatively I think you can just edit /etc/sysconfig/drakconnect and
change the type to modem:

type=modem

and then restart the network with:

#  service network restart

Sharrea
--
Help Microsoft stamp out piracy - give Linux to a friend today