Hi Paul,

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 10:51:24PM +0300, Paul wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-31 at 22:32, Todd Slater wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 09:49:23PM +0300, Paul wrote:
> > > I'm having difficulty connecting a Sharp Zaurus, using 9.1
> > >
> > > Anybody any advice/pointers please.
> > >
> > > I've checked the archives & found a reference to
> > > http://us.mandrakesoft.com/zaurus/zaurus.html
> > >
> > > but have been getting 404 errors.
> >
> > What ROM are you using? I could not get the Open Zaurus ROM to sync with
> > the Qtopia desktop, and never tried with and of the KDE stuff because I
> > don't use KDE. I'll dig around my bookmarks and see if I can't find the
> > references I was using.
> >
> > Todd
> >

> Thanks, Todd,
>
> I'm using the standard Sharp ROM, I've got the Qtopia desktop.
>
> Paul M.

Howto sync to the Zaurus from Linux:
http://docs.zaurus.com/index.php?id=sync_linux

How to set up an Ethernet over USB connection between the Sharp Zaurus
SL-5000D/SL-5500 and a Linux machine:
http://www.ruault.com/Zaurus/ethernet-over-usb-howto.html

Another on USB conncection:
http://docs.zaurus.com/index.php?id=lc_mandrake

I could not get the USB connection working when I was trying to sync
with Qtopia, before I realized OZ wouldn't sync with it. I stopped
trying with the USB because I got a CF and CF reader which I now use to
d/l software. I did set up USB Internet connection sharing at work and
let me tell you, d/l'ing and installing software is *sweet*!

Anyway, I hope these help.

Todd