Hello Todd,

Monday, September 1, 2003, 7:14:52 AM, you wrote:

TS> Why wouldn't fetchmail retrieve those messages? Is your ISP moving
TS> them to some other location for "holding" or something?

When my ISP set up Spamassassin, they set it up for the 'masses' who
wanted web access and wanted to make NO decisions themselves. It took
some fiddling with their settings to get it to work via POP, and to
give me access to the scoring info in a way that was useful for local
filtering.

TS> ISP's should *not* take it upont themselves to solve your spam
TS> problem for you, but should put something in the header or subject
TS> line so you can set up a filter if you like.

There was a long, very heated discussion about this when my ISP did
it. The vast majority of users did NOT want to put any thinking into
it at all, and did NOT want to have to set up anything at their end.
They wanted EVERYTHING done for them -- AND they wanted EVERY spam to
be filtered, and EVERY good email to come through -- automatically.

It was an uphill battle to get my ISP to add good configuration
options allowing moderate user control.

--

 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]