On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:17:11 +0530
"L.V.Gandhi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Monday 01 Sep 2003 9:45 am, Linus Drouhard wrote:
> > I've figured out over the course of.... hmm..., several months, how
> > to record off my video capture card and encode to an mpg file.
> > "Dvdauthor" help amounts to a very short "readme" that says "you got
> > these options" but never explains them.  Can anyone tell me how to
> > process the an mpg video so that I can burn it onto a dvd? Or better
> > yet, share a script that does the whole thing from capture through
> > encoding to file preparation and burning?
> >
> > Please don't let me down.  The people on this list have always come
> > through for me.  This is better than any paid support.
>
> Which software you use to capture? Is there any gui one?
>
> --
> L.V.Gandhi
> 203, Soundaryalahari Apartments, Lawsons Bay colony, Visakhapatnam,
> 530017 MECON, 5th Floor, RTC Complex, Visakhapatnam AP 530020 INDIA

I used streamer.  I can capture fine.  I can encode fine (using mplex)
but very slowly.  I haven't figured out dvdauthor to create the file
structure necessary for a dvd playable in a standalone dvd player.  Any
tips are appreciated.  I'm not particularly fond of streamer, it's just
what I've found that works.  If you have suggestions on completely
different methods to get the same result, I'm very interested.

Thanks, Linus