On Tuesday 02 September 2003 04:03 am, Inhabitant of Zion wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have my server configured as a DHCP server. Recently I found out that
> using a non standard internal IP might be the caused of some of my cacheing
> <sp: caching?> problems.
>
> I changed the IP to a bog standard one and when I do that none of my host
> machines (including my mandrake host) can ping the server. I have tried
> restarting the network and have checked that the DHCP is giving the right
> IP to resolv.conf. Where else do I need to look?

If you have a firewall installed, make sure that you have allowed the new IP
addresses access.  You may also want to check the hosts.deny, hosts.allow
file to make sure that you have not restricted access by default.

Not sure that I know enough about your setup to speculate, a little more info
about general network configuration would be helpful.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer