crak600 wrote:

On Tuesday 02 September 2003 06:23 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

KDE CC - sound - Sound system - | X | the option to enable aRts.

found it, aRTs was enabled. i'll turn it off the next time i try to watch a DVD. don't have time to do it now. i'll let you know what happens.

If you want to find out which lame version you currently have do,

rpm -qa | grep lame in a terminal and see what it say's

nothing comes up when i enter that command, and i did it as root as well.

i'll give that a shot later too, got a class coming up in a little while and gotta get ready to go. thanks

Mike

Then you have no lame package at all, I wonder what mplayer is using to run those mp3 audio files in DVD's.

I think you need to get a lame package installed, see if urpmi lame in a terminal throws up a standard package to install, and get that on first.

If you have a tarball version of mplayer, that is the CVS version then you may need to recompile your mplayer to find the lame package and adopt it. I seem to remember you saying it was a CVS package ? or, am I mistaken ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]