On Friday 05 September 2003 11:37 am, HaywireMac wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 12:33:58 -0300
>
> Flávio Henrique <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> uttered:
> > I used Nero...
> > I think the Cd it's ok, because in Windows, after I put the cd in
> > cdrom the install opens in my screen...
>
> that doesn't mean it's bootable.
>
> > Just in boot I can't install...
> > But I can try this way too...
> > Let me ask you:
> > I have the three *.iso files...
> > I have to burn it directly in cd ? Doing this, the cd will not have
> > only a file Mandrake91_cd1.iso in there ? or  Nero put the content of
> > *.iso file in cd ?
>
> as Anne said, you need to burn it as an *image*, which Nero would have
> an option for.
>
> Anyone here know the specific steps in Nero?

Go to File, Burn Image and select the ISO.

Normally, if the autostart function is working and you only had an ISO to burn
from, then I would say that the disk should be burned correction.  If all you
did was burn the ISO file itself to the CD as some do, the autostart wouldn't
work either.

To Flávio:  Could be a problem with the machine though.  Any errors when you
try to boot from the Mandrake CD?  Any additional info besides, "It doesn't
work" would be helpful.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer