From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 8:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Installation problem.

Hi,
I went and installed the LM9.0 back. It worked fine unlike LM9.1. However, it timed out every time it tried to do the updates during install. Later I booted up LM9.0 and ran rpmdrake. rpmdrake tried to update from LM9.1 sites. Can someone point me to some remaining LM9.0 update sites?

Thanx,

Ayoub890

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Could it be that the XFree has a problem? I tried both versions 3.x

and

4.x that came in the CD.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Any hints anybody? I want LM9.1 to work on my machine, like win2k

does

and LM9.0 did.

During installation of LM9.1, the graphics card was recognized correctly (RIVA TNT2 with 32Megs) but the Futura monitor was not.

Many

alternate monitors from the generic monitor list and many

combinations

of horizontal rate, vertical rate, resolutions and colors for custom monitor configuration would not work. The test showed a grey screen for all of them.

The display manager failed every time during bootup and the machine went into command line mode instead of graphics mode.

After booting to command line was completed, Alt-F7 showed a blank screen.

LM9.0 worked fine using the same hardware, and dual booted Win2k also
works fine.

Can anybody give me a hint?

Thanx

Ayoub

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street