On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 13:57:35 +0100
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sunday 07 Sep 2003 12:15 am, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> > I have a naive question.  I'm going to buy VMWare because the
> > dual boot crud is driving me nuts on my laptop.
> >
> > Question is, "Do I have to buy a copy for each of the eight
> > boxes on my lan?"
> >
> Don't know the answer to that, but one question - have you looked
> at the alternatives? because that is the most expensive one.  It
> all depends what you want to do with it, though.  Give us an idea
> of that, and we'll advise you.  All the alternatives are used by
> someone here.
>
> Anne
> --
> Registered Linux User No.293302
> Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?
>

> Thanks Anne
The only two programs we still use are ACT! Contact Manager and
QuickBooks.

I am watching several Linux replacements in infancy and growing
fast.  None are near enough to get involved as a serious user
though.

We dumped WordPerfect last month for OpenOffice, which was ready for
the move.  MSOffice wasn't an issue.  I threw that garbage away
years ago.

Next year for sure.

Stephen, I can't just pirate someone's work.  I have had PC boards
and software both stolen in the last 20 years.  It hurts.
Financially and intellectually.

I will, however, feel free to use the program I buy any way I want
to use it myself on my machines.

Lee