Mandrake has released a 64 bit version but it is optimised for the AMD
64. (AMD 64 will run 32 and 64 bit software).

Tony.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephen Kuhn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 10:55 AM
To: NEWBIE 1
Subject: Re: [newbie] Intel |Unveils

On Mon, 2003-09-08 at 20:10, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Intel Unveils low-cost Itanium 2 , 64 bit microprocessor
>
> Is linux/Mandrake  into 64 bit architecture , do you know ? , and if
so
> which chips are currently best supported ?
>
> John

I really don't understand all of this crap. I like the KISS principle;
KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

Why bother with 64 bits of anything if a good, hearty 8 will do?

It's all marketing. All this "64bit" stuff and all. Too much bother.
Sounds like something JoeHill would dream up;

"Hey! I smoked something like really honkers and I figured out how to
play solitare with 512k encryption running on a rendering farm of 1024
Itanium based PC's with 1gb of RAM per each CPU - it's like, really cool
man...Freecell flies..."

Bah, humbug. I'd even settle for 4-bit...

stephen kuhn - owner
==============================
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
Never trust an operating system.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street