First off...this is NOT sent in HTML as the check box to SEND in html is NOT
checked.

EZ-Drive, Max-Blast, and a utility in Disk Manager ( which supports many drive
manufacturers ) can all accomplish about the same thing.  When required (read
as HD not directly supported by the BIOS) a utility can be loaded in the Boot
sector of the HD, that is in essence a Translation Table that fakes the BIOS
into thinking it supports the HD.  It is loaded before anything else in terms
of OS's, but the drawback is...when not needed any longer ie: new mother
board, the HD must now be reformatted with a clean /MBR for the mother board
to directly support the HD, it is not required to continue using the HD, ONLY
if you want is supported properly by the BIOS.

http://webmail.netscape.com.