I need to get some files from windows to Linux. the only way I have of
updating anything in mandrake is to download it under windows and move it
over to the linux drive.. now I need to know how to do that....

I used the /mnt/windows to get files I needed from linux to windows so
that I could send a file or 2. that worked with no problem.. but when I
try to go from windows back to Linux I got kinda lost. Now, do I need to
do the /mnt command again like I did before? becuase I have a
/mnt/windows directory and when I went there I didn't see the files I
moved to there from linux but under windows I see them now.

Jess