Hey everybody...

I would appreciate some recommendations from you...  I need to share my
documents between WinXP and Linux.  Since NTFS was not recommended as a
R/W FS, I went for FAT32.  I therefore have the following partitions:

hda1  ntfs  read-only  C: (WinXP)
hda5  vfat  read-write D: (Data)
etc...

Since file permissions are not compatible with fat, I have to use the
umask option in fstab.  However, if I use umask=0, all my standard files
become executables, and if I use umask=111, they are only accessible to
root.

I was wondering whether I should not use ext2 instead, and find some
utility in WinXP to "mount" it...  if any such thing exists...
Otherwise, what would be best?  I'm sure many of you must be facing the
same issue...

Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mathieu.