Hello,

I am trying to install Mandrake 6.0 on this system:
   AMD K7-600
   128 MB RAM
   disk1: WD AC29100D (Western Digital, 8.5 Gb) as master on IDE1
*  disk2: ST 36531A (Seagate, 6 Gb) as master on IDE2
*  Diamond Viper V770 AGP (32 Mb)
   Sony DC_RW CRX-120 as slave on IDE2
   soundblaster 128 PCI
*  modem Rockwell HCF 56K PCI
The components marked with (*) were in my previous PC (DELL PII-400)
on which I could install Mandrake 6 without problems.

Disk1 contians a primary NTFS partition (which contains WinNT4) and an
extended partition which is divided into two NTFS logical drives.
Disk2 contains a primary FAT partition that contains Win98, and extented
partitions for win98 data (fat) and Linux

The installation runs without problems. After the reboot, however I get a
system crash (every time). The last lines before the crash occurs are:
  checking POSIX conplyance
  mttr

These are the things that I have tried:
- replace the CR-RW with the CD_ROM from the DELL PC
- remove the HDD on IDE 1
- empty the HDD on IDE 2 (no win98). So the problem has nothing to do with
the presence of Win98 on disk2. It occurs also if Linux has the disk all to
itself.

Anyone out there have any idea what goes wrong?

Thank you

Paul-Henri 's Heeren