Anne Wilson wrote:

On Saturday 06 Sep 2003 10:00 am, Margot wrote:

Russ wrote:

Hi Margot,

You hit the nail on the head here.

I am running 1.4 on 9.1 and I installed the spell checker too.
However, it didn't show up in 1.4.  On a hunch (due to what you
wrote here) I decided to check the older version of Mozilla (1.1)
that came with MD 9.1 (I installed 1.4 in a different directory).
Anyway, I ran M1.1 and there it was. I either need to figure out
how to point the spell checker to the 1.4 directory or remove
1.1.

I opted to install 1.4 in a separate directory for two reasons:

1. I heard that some programs use some of Mozillas files and some
do not like it when they ar updated. I elected to leave 1.1
intact.

2. I didn't know where it was anyway.

Thanks
Russ

My Mozilla 1.1 is in /usr/bin - just checked it and, yes, the
spellchecker is there!

My Mozilla 1.4 is in /usr/local/mozilla, which is where the
instructions told me to put it, but has no spellchecker.

Urpmi has added the spellchecker to the wrong mozilla. How do we
unravel this?

Is it safe to remove all the mozilla files from /usr/bin? If I do
that, and then redo urpmi mozilla-spellchecker, will urpmi be able
to find the new mozilla in /usr/local/mozilla? Or do I have to then
relocate the new mozilla to /usr/bin?

I don't know enough about this!

Margot

If you can identify the spellchecker under the /usr/bin tree, try copying it to the same place on the /usr/local tree.

Anne

Maybe you couledrun "urpmf mozilla-spellchecker" to see the files that are in the package and copy them to the new directory.

--
Brant Fitzsimmons
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Linux user #322847 | Linux machine #207465 | http://counter.li.org/
   AMD Duron 1.3GHz | Mandrake 9.1 | Kernel 2.4.21-0.16mm-mdk
               KDE 3.1.3 | Mozilla 1.4 Mail Client
Uptime:
13:45:00 up 5 days,  1:01,  1 user,  load average: 0.19, 0.11, 0.03

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed.
Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being
self-evident."
                                -Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)