On Thursday 11 September 2003 11:32 pm, Heather/Femme wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:44:19 -0400
>
> Carroll Grigsby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Thursday 11 September 2003 01:44 pm, Heather/Femme wrote:
> >  >>> chomp
> > >
> > > For now, seeing seniors use linux or any segment of the population
> > > that is of the mindset a comp shold be like a toaster (it just
> > > works), is a pipe dream.
> > >
> > > Femme
> >
> > Femme:
> > Bullshit! Just because we drool a lot doesn't mean that we're totally
> > incompetent. <snip>
> >
> > -- cmg
>
> Wasn't meant to offend luv.  I meant only that the avg user doesn't care
> about why it works, so much as it does.  I picked seniors cause that was
> part of the topic.  No harm meant nor was I trying to single out a group
> of ppl.  Sorry.
>
> Femme

Femme:

No offense taken. Just trying to make a point: A whole lot of people only want
something that works, and Mandrake can do that. Now. (MOF, that's how I got
here.) Anyone here who wants to explain defragging, updating, viri, worms,
firewalls, and all of that crap to people that don't really give a damn? All
they want is a PhD computer -- as in "Push here, Dummy".

-- cmg