The answer to this is "yes". It downloads it to a tmp directory in /. I only have 691 megs of free space there and the file is 694. I couldn't figure out how to bypass the temp file transfer.

I remember someone saying something about Konquerer being able to act like a file transfer over the net (with split windows). I tried that and it worked flawlessly (he was right, Konquerer rocks). Konquerer will even resume a failed download whereas Mozilla dl manager does not. The reason I do not use Konquerer as my main web browser is that some of the links appear in yellow and veeeery hard to read. I cannot figure out how to fix it (any ideas?).

Anyway, how do I burn an ISO image in Linux?

Thanks
Russ

Eric Huff wrote:

I can't remember: does mozilla dl manager download directly to you
desired location, or does it do the dl to tmp then move dance?