Those lines were backwards, so I turned them around as you said, still no
noise. I pasted different info below that may help.

Thanks
Russ

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 06:39 pm, Dennis Myers wrote:

> > However, I have no sound. 9.0 put that in without a hitch. Can anyone
> > tell me where to start?
>
> <snip>
>
> > Thanks
> > Russ
>
> Russ, what kind of sound card? Just in case - have a look in
> /etc/modules.conf and see if a line starting with "above sound ....... etc"
> is above the "alias sound ........etc" and if so reverse them. That was my
> problem with an onboard sound card. Soon as I changed the position of the
> two lines all worked. HTH

modles.conf:

alias autofs autofs4
probeall scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi
probeall usb-interface usb-ohci
alias eth0 sis900
alias sound-slot-0 snd-trident
above snd-trident snd-pcm-oss

There is a blank space at the top and the bottom of the lines (don't know if
that makes a difference here, it did in some Win programs I've dealt with).
Notice also that is says "snd", I changed it to "sound" but it didn't seem to
help.

Isn't there a sound configration tool somewhere? My sound worked beautiful in
9.0.

This is my info for my sound:
-------------------------------
Sound Driver:3.8.1a-980706 (ALSA v0.9rc8 emulation code)
Kernel: Linux localhost 2.3.21-0.13mdk #1 Fri Mar 14 15:08:06 EST 2003 i686
Config options: 0

Installed Drivers:
Type10: ALSA emulation

Card Config: