On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 17:13, Margot wrote:
> My clock is set to the right timezone (London), and shows roughly the
> right time, but I have to remember to reset it once a week because it
> gains around 10 minutes a week.
>
> It is annoying, because I look at the clock on the screen, get the
> approximate time, then have to get up from my desk and go across the
> room to find out what the exact time is - I've moved the furniture so I
> can't see another clock from here!
>
> Is there some way of adjusting the clock so it stays right? Or do I have
> to use the workaround and remember to wear my watch?
>
> Margot

Being that time is relative, you might be in a situation where you're
actually travelling faster than light, which would cause time to appear
to slow down. If that is, in fact, the case, then you'll have to
throttle back your space ship so that you're within normal operating
bounds and time will again settle back into it's pace.

OTOH, you could setup your box to retrieve normal earth bound time from
an NTP server and hence have the correct relative time all the time...

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
SHIFT TO THE LEFT! SHIFT TO THE RIGHT! POP UP, PUSH DOWN, BYTE, BYTE,
BYTE!