Hi Y'all,

This may not be strictly Mandrake related but as there's a smart bunch of guys here, it seems a good place to ask.

In the last few days, I've received about 20 or so returned mail messages that bear no relation to any mails I've sent.

This is a typical example:

"Hi.
I'm sorry the message returned below could not be delivered to the following addresses:

Undeliverable mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message follows:"

(No message follows)

The disturbing possibility occurs to me that my box is being somehow used to relay spam. Is there any way I could check? Have you guys come across this? If so, how did you deal with it?

Although I claimed off topic status for this, if it is the result of spam relay, it does have security implications for Mandrake.

I'm using Mandrake 9.0, and getting my mail with mozilla 1.1. I'm running shorewall (although I don't really understand it enough to fiddle with it) and Clam Anti Virus shows no infections.

The group's advice would be much appreciated.

--
Graham Watkins

On the whole, I preferred cats to women because cats seldom if ever used the word "relationship".(Kinky Friedman - Greenwich Killing Time)

Registered Linux user number 265254 http://counter.li.org