> Well, it does say *maximum* of 30 albums, which is pretty meaningless.
> I think my granddaughter's player says something like 'around 100

I suppose so. But the albums could be subdirectories, and you could
fit a large number of different albums on one cd using the mp3 format,
of course. My limited experience with the sony player seems to suggest
that it is quite good at what it does, although the headphones which are
supplied aren't too terribly good since the felt earpieces have already
fallen off them and I've only had the player a few weeks now. The
batteries which I use (Rayovac renewable/rechargeable alkaline) lasts
for quite a while before I have to recharge them, but not nearly as long
as the manual suggests (60+ hours for Sony AA). I don't see how mp3
takes less battery power then regular CDs, but Sony claims it does. One
would think that there needs to be  extra processing power required
to play mp3, vs. regular CDs. Perhaps the thing spins down?

I'd ignore the Aflac thing because the software seems to be Windows
centric and mp3 works just fine. I don't see any superiority over mp3
and (too bad) the player doesn't support ogg (neither does my desktop
player).

So far it's done a very good job otherwise.