On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> I'd have to disagree with you....when I start the installation of
> Linux-Mandrake the installer says RedHat.  Now I wonder why that would be if
> there was no connection between the two.  In the Introduction on page 4 of the
> Getting Started Manual it says "This award-winning distribution of Linux is
> based on the popular Red Hat 6.0 distribution and is 100% compatible with the
> Red Hat distribution."  It also states "Linux-Mandrake has been customized by
> MandrakeSoft S.A. to be easier to install and use, without sacrificing any of
> the distribution's capabilities.

Actually, according to the folks at Mandrake, it WAS based on RedHat
(past tense.) Version 6.0 used the RedHat installer. I just saw a
demo of the new RedHat installer yesterday. Haven't yet seen
Mandrake's installer, so I can't comment on any similarities or
differences. However, I have it straight from the proverbial Horse's
mouth -- Mandrake is NOT RedHat!
        John