I used to get sound, but I had to reinstall Mandrake some months ago to get the internet connection working, and I think I messed up somewhere as I hadn't a clue what I was doing, because I haven't had any sound since the reinstall.

I've been fiddling with this on and off for months, reading hundreds of messages in the archive and tweaking this and that, but no luck yet.

Problem has now become urgent, because I've moved furniture around and I now can't listen to CDs on the stereo while sitting at the computer unless I turn it up so loud it upsets the neighbours! Headphone cord not long enough, so I really need to be able to play CDs through the computer!

I think I know what the problem is, but I have no idea how to fix it.

MCC thinks I have a Sound Card. I haven't. I've got something called Integrated AC97 Audio. How do I get Mandrake to recognise this?

Margot