On Saturday 27 Sep 2003 3:09 pm, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> Having a problem with timezones...for some reason, my clock in KDE is
> displaying time in UTC instead of EDT (America/New York).  When I
> attempt to change the timezone via the KDE clock, I get an error saying
> 'error setting new timezone'.   I can go into MCC and make changes
> there, but that throws the clock in KDE off more.  How do I go about
> getting this straightened out?

Are you running 9.2 RC2?  I reported this as a bug in 9.2.

Your Timezone is controlled by a file called /etc/localtime  This is a binary
file used to describe your timezone.
But in 9.2RC2  /etc/localtime is a directory which contains the 'localtime'
files for different timezones around the world. To get mine working I had to
rename the /etc/localtime directory, and then copy the timezone file for my
region out of that renamed directory to the file /etc/localtime.

HTH

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net