My son-in-law just dumped his Windows2000 after the latest attack
from virus,  worms and BSODs. I talked him into trying MDK 9.1.
Everything seemed to go well until he tried to connect. That's
why it is a little difficult for me to help him out, 'cause we
are 400 kilometes apart. So - until further progress is made -
we must communicate over phone line.

His problem is modem related. It is an E-Tech 56K Flex V.90.
Extern hardware modem. It seems to come with a Rockwell chipset.
When running drakconnect, he can go as far as to query the
modem. Then : nothing. No strings, no connection, nada.

I've googled around to no avail. Doesn't show up on the
compatibility lists, be it Mandrake, RedHat or S.u.S.E.. Some
posts on mailing lists claims it incompatible, some not.

Questions :

1. Does anyone here know if it is compatible ?
2. If it isn't : what modems are ?

Thanks in advance,

Kaj Haulrich.

--
*This mail was sent from a 100 % Microsoft free computer*