On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 18:08, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > It is because Mozilla uses a kind of Mbox format where all mails are in
> > one big file. When you delete a message, it is somehow marked as
> > deleted. Compacting the folder will reorganise (copy and rewrite) the
> > file and physically remove the deleted mail(s) from it.
>
> Is there a utility that changes from this Mbox to other non-Mbox?

I know there are several tools that can convert true Mbox to other type
files. Search google for 'convert mbox' and you should be able to find
something you can use. I am not sure if Mozilla uses true Mbox, but the
way to find out is to give it a try!

Paul

--
I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.
-Abraham Lincoln

http://www.nlpagan.net - Linux Mandrake - Ximian Evolution